Iced Earth : Plagues Of Babylon

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Dante

Re: Iced Earth : Plagues Of Babylon

Post by Dante »

Ilmeisesti sitten lafkan kanssa ei aiemmin tehtyjä sopimuksia pysty muokkaamaan hieman artistiystävällisemmiksi? Sikäli ihmetyttää tuo Schafferin tempaus kun nuo ekat kuusi levyä on kaikki tehty Century Medialle, jonka tallissa bändi taas vaihteeksi on. Ja eikö muutenkin nykypäivinä ole normi, että suurimmat tulot bändeille tulee merkkarituotteista ja keikoista, joten millaista nappikauppaa bändin rahavirta on jos pitää uudelleenäänityksiin alkaa rojalttitulojen toivossa? Toisaalta Schaffer taitaa vain olla jääräpäinen periaatteen mies, eli päämotivaationa on vain saada hallintaoikeudet omiin tuotoksiin, vaikka sitten vähän mutkan kautta.

Ei kait siinä, good for him. Joskus Horror Show'n aikaan olin intohimoinenkin fani, mutta sittemmin into on laantunut kun levy toisensa perään tulee joko turhaketta tai jäätävää paskaa, ja muutenkin IE:n sarjakuvahevi ei enää kolise samaan malliin kuin teininä.
Jussi

Re: Demons & Wizards

Post by Jussi »

Joni aikoo oikeasti tehdä sitä D&W3:sta tänä vuonna? Kelpaa toki :D
blabber wrote:ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has confirmed that he will spend some time later this year working on material for the long-awaited third album from DEMONS & WIZARDS, his side project with BLIND GUARDIAN frontman Hansi Kürsch.

DEMONS & WIZARDS was launched in 1997 and has released two full-length albums so far: 2000's self-titled effort and 2005's "Touched By The Crimson King". The latter was partially based on the "The Dark Tower" series of books (written by Stephen King) in which the Crimson King is the main antagonist.

Schaffer touched upon DEMONS & WIZARDS' future plans while speaking to Capital Chaos TV about ICED EARTH's current record-label situation, having completed the latter band's deal with Century Media with the release of last year's "Incorruptible" album.

Asked how ICED EARTH intends to release its next disc, Schaffer said: "I haven't made a decision on that yet. There's a lot of labels that are interested, and we're looking at different business models, but there's no hurry for ICED EARTH to rush into anything. It's gonna be a while before we do a new record, 'cause this is so new. And the next thing on my docket is DEMONS & WIZARDS anyway, so that's coming later in the year — that's gonna be the focus of the creative energy this year. So we've got plenty of time. We're talking to some labels and looking at different options, but there's nothing set in stone yet."

Last summer, Kürsch told That Drummer Guy that songwriting sessions for the follow-up to "Touched By The Crimson King" had already begun, but that he and Jon had to take a break while they were both busy with their main acts. "Once he's finished with his touring for ICED EARTH, I'm pretty sure we will spend some very realistic and very valuable time together either finishing the songwriting of DEMONS & WIZARDS or even doing the whole production," Hansi said. "That depends. Usually we're very quick once we're together. And it's just great to work with such a gifted person which I call a very, very close friend of mine."

As for what fans can expect from the next DEMONS & WIZARDS album, Hansi told That Drummer Guy: "You will be surprised, I'm sure. These first two [songs] we've worked on, they are quite interesting. I'm really looking forward to spend some more time and getting deeper into the subject. Because even though ICED EARTH and BLIND GUARDIAN are quite similar in many ways, Jon and I are, songwriting-wise, different persons and by coincidence and pure luck and probably by friendship, the chemistry is pretty good once we are together. And what comes out is a blend of these two bands, which [one] would expect, but there's something more. And I like to go for this something more."

Hansi also sounded very optimistic about the possibility of DEMONS & WIZARDS live performances in support of the upcoming album. He said: "That really depends on how fast we are with BLIND GUARDIAN, obviously, and how the schedules will be worked out. But it would be a shame not to do so, at least being on the road for a festival season and doing some smaller club shows, for example, just in between… There should be a gap, and we are working on this gap. It would be a waste not to do so."

According to Kürsch, the main motivation for him and Schaffer to work on new DEMONS & WIZARDS material and prepare for possible live shows is "the need to do so and for the fun to do so. And this is always a very good starting point. We don't have to do it, there is no pressure behind us in doing so," he said. "Obviously, there can't be any pressure, because the last album is, I think, twelve years old already. And we just did some minimal touring for the first album and did not even do any proper touring for the second album. So I could imagine that just the performance will be so different from what either BLIND GUARDIAN or ICED EARTH is doing that this might attract a lot of people. I'm curious myself to figure out what we would come up with this time, because there's a long time between our last show which we played together, which is probably seventeen years ago, eighteen years. And we have to find the right people and the right moment, but the whole thing, once it is built up, will be, I think, very skillful."

"Touched By The Crimson King" was released in Japan in September 2005 with the following bonus tracks: "Lunar Lament", "Wicked Witch" (slow version) and "Spatial Architects". The CD also included the "Terror Train" video. The disc featured an appearance by HALFORD and SEBASTIAN BACH drummer Bobby Jarzombek.

Schaffer said in a 2009 interview that he felt "Touched By The Crimson King" was a bit rushed and he was determined to do things differently next time around. "We had this window of opportunity where we had to get it done and we kind of let time dictate the schedule instead of our feelings, and that was probably a mistake," he explained. "I mean, I'm proud of that record and it sold killer and it's a good album, but I think Hansi and I are capable of a lot more, especially when we get back to the root reasons of why we did this thing together."
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

ICED EARTH's JON SCHAFFER To Release PURGATORY EP

October 26, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-e ... gatory-ep/

http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazo ... pcover.jpg

ICED EARTH mastermind Jon Schaffer has teamed up with his old pals in PURGATORY, the band that he originally founded in 1985, then later became ICED EARTH, to record five tracks that were written between 1985 and 1987, now to be released as the "Purgatory" EP on December 21 through Century Media. All five tracks featured on the EP offer real U.S. metal and perfectly capture the spirit of the mid 1980s with a powerful production, rounded up by liner notes or comments of Schaffer, Gene Adam, Greg Seymour and Bill Owen and fitting cover artwork by David Newman Stump and Roy Young, known from their excellent work on ICED EARTH's latest album, "Incorruptible". The greatest surprise might be Gene Adam, ICED EARTH's original singer who sang on the band's self-titled debut album from 1990, who delivers his best vocal performance ever. The song "Dracula" can be checked out below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPjelVJrRUM

"Purgatory" is dedicated to Richard Bateman, the band's original bass player, who passed away right before the EP went into production.

The "Purgatory" EP can be pre-ordered here.

"Purgatory" track listing:

01. In Your Dreams (4:55)
02. Dracula (6:08)
03. In Jason's Mind (5:03)
04. Jack (4:00)
05. Burning Oasis (5:38)

Jon Schaffer's PURGATORY is:

Jon Schaffer - Rhythm And Lead Guitars, Vocals
Gene Adam - Lead Vocals
Bill Owen - Lead Guitar

Guest appearances by:

Jim Morris - Lead Guitar
Ruben Drake - Bass Guitar
Mark Prator - Drums
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

^ Melkoinen ylläri & kelpaa hyvin, mie kun olen aina tykännyt tuosta 1990 s/t:stä Adamin kanssa; ostoon (kuhan tulee CD ep)!

edit: myös Barlowilta & Vidalesilta uutta videota Ashes Of Aresin kanssa; alusta tulee mieleen Watching Over Me kyllä

https://youtu.be/GICCKVL3r_w
Jussi

Schaffer / Barlow project

Post by Jussi »

Joni ja Matti palaavat yhteen, mutta tuloksena onkin joululaulujen EP :( parilla omalla klassikolla; Kickstarterin tukijat ovat ilmeisesti lukeneet vain otsikon, jos kerran 250% tms. jo täynnä tavoitteesta.
New York, NY – August 18, 2020) – Iced Earth founder, songwriter, guitarist and producer Jon Schaffer reunites with former Iced Earth vocalist Matt Barlow to celebrate the holiday season as only they can! The duo returns as the Schaffer/Barlow Project and this time are putting their unique spin on five Christmas classics and two Iced Earth songs. Winter Nights is being offered via Kickstarter after Schaffer found success using the site to launch his first book Wicked Words and Epic Tales last month.
Winter Nights was born out of a long-standing desire between Schaffer and Barlow to work together again. The idea to work on holiday songs was interesting to both guys. The EP features holiday classics like “Silent Night” and “Little Drummer Boy” as well as new interpretations of the Iced Earth classics “Watching Over Me” and “I Died For
You.” Winter Nights is available in numerous configurations on Kickstarter and every CD purchase comes with a 2nd bonus 5.1 surround sound mix of the EP. The artwork was created by Sun Khamunaki. The Schaffer/Barlow Project plan to release all versions of the EP in time for the holiday season barring any delays due to recent global events.
Regardless of the global situation, backers of the campaign will receive their album in 24-bit digital audio as a download on November 15th . Winter Nights can be ordered vis Kickstarter here:
https://tinyurl.com/SBProjectKickstarter.

“It has been an absolute blast to be a part of this project and putting together this list of tracks for folks to enjoy,” explains Matt Barlow.

“Our hope is that this venture will be a lasting one and will become a new tradition for our friends and fans. Thank you, in advance, for all of your support in making the SBP a success! Cheers!!”
Jon Schaffer adds, “Matt and I have spoken about such a project through the years, and the time was right to make it a reality. I hope people dig it because we had a hell of a lot of fun doing it, and the listeners can always feel that in the final product. I’m not sure how silent your winter nights will be once you get your copy, but I’m certain you’ll be feeling that holiday spirit in a very unique way this coming season. We thank you for your support and sincerely hope you enjoy our unique take on these holiday, and Iced Earth classics.
Jussi

Iced Earth - s/t 30th anniversary

Post by Jussi »

Aliarvostetusta debyytistä tulossa juhlapainos uudelleenmiksattuna:
The 30th-anniversary edition of ICED EARTH's self-titled debut album will arrive on December 18 via Century Media Records. The new version of the 1990 LP features a remix by Chris "Zeuss" Harris, who previously worked with ICED EARTH on the group's latest effort, 2017's "Incorruptible", and brand new artwork.

ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer comments: "This 30-year-old debut classic has been remixed and remastered from the original 2 inch tapes by Zeuss, and it sounds fantastic. It has a modern touch and still retains the dynamics of the original release. This is a big step forward sonically and visually. We're excited to have our exclusive artwork and blood red vinyl version at icedearthmerch.com."

"Iced Earth (30th Anniversary Edition)" is available as 180-gram vinyl, limited CD digipak and digital album.

Track listing:

01. Iced Earth
02. Written On The Walls
03. Colors
04. Curse The Sky
05. Life And Death
06. Solitude
07. Funeral
08. When The Night Falls

Recording lineup:

Jon Schaffer - Rhythm And Lead Guitars, Backing Vocals
Gene Adam - Lead Vocals
Dave Abell - Bass Guitars
Mike McGill - Drums
Randy Shawver - Lead Guitar

This past July, Schaffer said that there were no plans for ICED EARTH to work on the follow-up to "Incorruptible". "There is no way we can plan," he said during a Facebook Live chat. "You guys should be able to understand that, if you watch the news. I have an international band, and I can't even travel to Europe right now [because of coronavirus pandemic-related restrictions]. There's no point in trying to put together a plan, because I guarantee you they're gonna launch the second wave of this shit and lock us all down again. To what degree, nobody really knows yet, but they were fielding that as soon as all this nonsense started, so it's definitely expected to be the case. So making plans for touring and putting all that together just to have it all derailed is costly and naïve at best. So I don't know.

"I'm gonna definitely plan on working on some new material later this year, early next year," he explained. "But again, that depends on how things roll out. So that's the way it is. We're just gonna have to see what happens with the global situation. There are several things that could take place. Hopefully some good things will happen to turn this mess around, but I'm not feeling super confident about that at the moment."

Less than two years ago, Schaffer teamed up with his old pals in PURGATORY, the band that he originally founded in 1985, then later became ICED EARTH, to record five tracks that were written between 1985 and 1987. The resulting "Purgatory" EP was released in December 2018 through Century Media. The EP includes liner notes and comments by Schaffer, Gene Adam, Greg Seymour and Bill Owen, and fitting cover artwork by David Newman Stump and Roy Young, known from their excellent work on "Incorruptible"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6UD3VoqiAo
Firechief

Re: Iced Earth

Post by Firechief »

Iced Earth mainstream-julkisuudessa:

https://www.is.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000007725834.html
Estranged

Post by Estranged »

Kaikki julkisuus on hyvää julkisuutta vai miten se nyt menikään. :?
Palantyre

Post by Palantyre »

The Dark Saga? Pikemminki The Dark Maga huehuehuehue
Herra Turpasauna

Post by Herra Turpasauna »

Ehkei tuo ollut aivan paras idea.. ja musiikki kuitenkin vahvempi keino ilmaista itseä. :?

Sheriffit jahtaavat nyt Jonia osallistumisesta rytäkkään- 1000 dollarin etsintäkuulutus niskassa kuin villissä lännessä. Valitettavasti myös tappioita tuli, lopullisia sellaisia 4 kappaletta.

Toisaalta tietysti legenda kasvaa, monikin muusikko voisi tehdä "The Storming of Capitol Hill" nimisen kappaleen, mutta on vain yksi joka on oikeasti sen tehnyt.

Toivottavasti tuomio ei ole liian pitkä, että pääsee mies tekemään lisää musiikkia.

Incorruptible oli hyvä levy, ja Demons & Wizards III mielestäni pienimuotoinen klassikko. Löydän D & W III:sesta joka kuuntelukerralla jotain uutta, todella monipuolinen levy, ja sävellyskynä ollut terävänä tässä todellakin. Yhdistetty jotenkin Powerin, Heavyn, ja Classic Rock vaikutteisista biiseistä massiivinen, mielenkiintoinen ja eeppinen kokonaisuus.
Pike Bishop

Post by Pike Bishop »

On kyllä paska homma, pitkään tässä jo odotellut uutta Iced Earth-albumia kun itselle kuitenkin yksi parhaista bändeistä tällä hetkellä. Incorruptible on mun mielestä yks hienoimpia levyjään.

Onhan nuo Schafferin mielipiteet ollut tiedossa jo aiemmin mutta kyllä nyt aika vahvasti vaan tuntuu siltä että bändin taru loppui tähän. Vaikkei pitkää tuomioo saisikaan niin voi olla aika vaikea löytää julkaisijaa musiikilleen ja keikkojen saaminenkin lienee jokseenkin hankalaa tän julkisuuden jälkeen.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Pike Bishop wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:53 amOnhan nuo Schafferin mielipiteet ollut tiedossa jo aiemmin mutta kyllä nyt aika vahvasti vaan tuntuu siltä että bändin taru loppui tähän. Vaikkei pitkää tuomioo saisikaan niin voi olla aika vaikea löytää julkaisijaa musiikilleen ja keikkojen saaminenkin lienee jokseenkin hankalaa tän julkisuuden jälkeen.
Täysin samaa mieltä, Incorruptiblen hyvyyttä myöten :!: ja en myöskään voi sanoa olevani yllättynyt, mutta pettynyt tuohon typeryyteen :|

Siis minkä vuoksi heittää elämäntyönsä roskiin, olisi tyytynyt seuraamaan tilannetta kotoa käsin kuten normaalit ihmiset.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

No tässä Iced Earth tai siis pian entisen Iced Earthin tai Iced Earthin pian entiset jäsenet (?) lähettävät omat terveisensä:

https://kaaoszine.fi/iced-earth-antoi-l ... akivaltaa/

Voi kyllä olla että Iced Earthin jatko, näiden jäsenten potkuilla/lähdöillä tai ilman, voi olla todella haastavaa, vaikka Schaffer ei joutuisikaan linnaan.

Kuten korona, Trumpin presidenttiys on saanut aikaan valtavaa mielipiteiden jakautumista. Schafferillakin on oikeus näkemyksiinsä ja sen mukaiseen toimintaankin. On siinä melko pitkään asioita tutkailtu ja pohdiskeltu että teki päätöksen lähteä kongressin valtaukseen, olipa se nyt jonkun mielestä typerästi tehty tai ei. Sen verran monta ihmistä oli kongressia valtaamassa, että siihen joukkoon mahtuu väkeä yhteiskunnan kaikista kerroksista ja riveistä eli ts. kyseessä ei ollut mikään "tyhmien punaniskojen" tempaus.

Iced Earth pysyy kuitenkin bändinä ja levykokoelmani osana jatkossakin ja nyt keikkanäkymienkin kadottua tavoitteena on edelleen löytää levyjä vinyyleinä.
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Ikävä tapaus tuo on kaiken kaikkiaan. Kuka/ketkä siellä nyt on mielenosoittajista asetta heiluttanut (tuskinpa sentään Jon :roll: ), niin se ei kyllä ole kovin fiksua ollut. Surullista että tilanne eskaloitui väkivallan käyttöön.

Sehän olisi vasta hurjaa ollut, jos kaikki bändin jäsenet olisivat siellä olleet mukana. Ja kun näin ei ole asianlaita ollut, en minäkään IE:n kuuntelua lopeta.
Ice

Post by Ice »

Sabbathman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:28 pm No tässä Iced Earth tai siis pian entisen Iced Earthin tai Iced Earthin pian entiset jäsenet (?) lähettävät omat terveisensä:

https://kaaoszine.fi/iced-earth-antoi-l ... akivaltaa/

Voi kyllä olla että Iced Earthin jatko, näiden jäsenten potkuilla/lähdöillä tai ilman, voi olla todella haastavaa, vaikka Schaffer ei joutuisikaan linnaan.

Kuten korona, Trumpin presidenttiys on saanut aikaan valtavaa mielipiteiden jakautumista. Schafferillakin on oikeus näkemyksiinsä ja sen mukaiseen toimintaankin. On siinä melko pitkään asioita tutkailtu ja pohdiskeltu että teki päätöksen lähteä kongressin valtaukseen, olipa se nyt jonkun mielestä typerästi tehty tai ei. Sen verran monta ihmistä oli kongressia valtaamassa, että siihen joukkoon mahtuu väkeä yhteiskunnan kaikista kerroksista ja riveistä eli ts. kyseessä ei ollut mikään "tyhmien punaniskojen" tempaus.

Iced Earth pysyy kuitenkin bändinä ja levykokoelmani osana jatkossakin ja nyt keikkanäkymienkin kadottua tavoitteena on edelleen löytää levyjä vinyyleinä.
Onko olemasa joku, jonka mielestä tuo ei ollu täyttä idiotismia? Ja nimenomaan ei se yhteiskunnallinen asema tai muukaan kerro siitä, onko ihminen typerä idiootti vai ei, kuten tämä ja monet tapaukset aiemmin ovat todistaneet, vaarallisia idiootteja on kaikissa yhteiskuntaluokissa.

Jos tästä jotain hyvää voi kummuta, voi Jonin seuraava teos olla melkoisen tunteellista paatosta ja vahvaa tarinaa. Ainakin nyt olisi aihetta mistä säveltää ja kirjoittaa. Odotellaan siis innolla uutta On the Run levyä :D :D
Sabbathman

Schaffer pidätetty

Post by Sabbathman »

Schaffer pidätetty, 6 kohdan syytelista:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced- ... itol-riot/

---

Idiotismia toisten mielestä, isänmaallisuutta toisten mielestä. Aika syvä juopa tuntuu olevan eri leirien välillä. Se mitä kukin tekee omilla tahoillaan katsotaan omassa leirissä aina oikeudeksi ja velvollisuudeksi, toisessa leirissä kapinaksi ja terrorismiksi.

Kunpa nyt 20.1. menisi edes ilman kuolonuhreja.
Lichi

Post by Lichi »

Oliko tempaus tyhmä? Ilman muuta oli. Jaanko herran näkemyksen politiikasta? En jaa. Lopetanko bändin musiikin kiintelun tähän, no en lopeta. Uskon, että löytävät joko julkaisia, tai sitten perustavat itse levy-yhtion. Mitä luin rivien välistä, ei Jon Schaffer saa potkuja yhtyeestään, hänenhän bändi se on. Annetaan ajan kulua vuosikin, niin porukat lienee jo tulossa ilman tunnon tuskia keikoille.

Mites Varg Vikernes? Eikö ole vähän isompi rikos murhata bändikaveri, kun osallistua mellakkaan tekemättä siellä varsinaisesti väkivaltaa? Tai vaikka Vince Neil. Kummasti riittää keikoilla väkeä. Kyllä rokkareille annetaan loppupeleissä hölmöilyt anteeksi. Ennen kaikkea toivon, että Demons & Wizards projekti saa jatkoa. Toi III löytyy vinyylinä ja on kyllä rautaisen luja! Toivottavasti selviäisi ehdollisella, että ei bändihommat keskeydy. Pitää muistaa, että yksi kuollesta oli poliisi, loput poliisin silmittömästi ilman syytä teloittamia mellakoijia. Ei sitä taas Schafferin syyksi voi pistää, että jenkkipoliisi käytti taas ylimääräistä väkivaltaa aseettomia siviilejä vastaan.
Sabbathman

Century Media

Post by Sabbathman »

Tuskin ainakaan helpottaa levyjen hankintaa jatkossa...

https://kaaoszine.fi/iced-earth-ja-demo ... ettelosta/
Lichi

Re: Century Media

Post by Lichi »

Sabbathman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:42 pm Tuskin ainakaan helpottaa levyjen hankintaa jatkossa...

https://kaaoszine.fi/iced-earth-ja-demo ... ettelosta/
Tuollahan nuo ainakin Suomessa normaalisti saatavilla. Ainakaan omia osakkeita tuollainen esittäjien cancelointi levy-yhtiöiden osalta ei nosta, oli sitten artistit hölmöilleet mitä vaan. Ja ei, minä en ainakaan vaadi, että rockmuusikoiden pitäisi käyttäytyä asiallisesti vapaa-aikana.
HeBeHu

Post by HeBeHu »

Lichi wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:19 pmPitää muistaa, että yksi kuollesta oli poliisi, loput poliisin silmittömästi ilman syytä teloittamia mellakoijia. Ei sitä taas Schafferin syyksi voi pistää, että jenkkipoliisi käytti taas ylimääräistä väkivaltaa aseettomia siviilejä vastaan.
Mistähän oikein revit näitä infojasi taas?
Sir Juzzi

Post by Sir Juzzi »

Lichi wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:39 pm Ainakaan omia osakkeita tuollainen esittäjien cancelointi levy-yhtiöiden osalta ei nosta, oli sitten artistit hölmöilleet mitä vaan. Ja ei, minä en ainakaan vaadi, että rockmuusikoiden pitäisi käyttäytyä asiallisesti vapaa-aikana.
On hölmöilyä ja sitten on hölmöilyä. Huumeet ja muu sekoilu on hyvin pitkälti artistin oma elämänvalinta, murhat ja tuhopoltto kohdistuvat yhteen henkilöön ja omaisuuteen (joskin omissa kirjoissani ovat niin vastenmielisiä tekoja, että moisten jälkeen suhteeni k.o. artistiin väistämättä muuttuisi), mutta koko maailman medioissa esitetty kapinointi Amerikan Yhdysvaltojen demokratian kasvoja vastaan - oli tämä tulkinta tapahtumista yliampuva tai ei, mutta kuitenkin se, minä ne nyt esitetään - kohdistuu niin massiiviseen asiaan, että en yhtään ihmettele, että levy-yhtiö on katsonut nyt olevan parempi toimia. Kyseisen pelimannin orkestereista kiinnostuneet fanit varmasti saavat edelleen musiikkinsa, mutta muiden boikottiin ei levy-yhtiö taatusti halua. Yhden pellen takia.
Hetzer

Post by Hetzer »

HeBeHu wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:55 am
Lichi wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:19 pmPitää muistaa, että yksi kuollesta oli poliisi, loput poliisin silmittömästi ilman syytä teloittamia mellakoijia. Ei sitä taas Schafferin syyksi voi pistää, että jenkkipoliisi käytti taas ylimääräistä väkivaltaa aseettomia siviilejä vastaan.
Mistähän oikein revit näitä infojasi taas?
Niinpä. Yksi poliisi kuollut, yksi mellakoitsija ammuttiin ja loput sairaskohtauksia.
Väinäkhamon

Post by Väinäkhamon »

Ainakin syytteiden perusteella Jon vaikuttaa täysidiootilta, jos tosiaan kuuluu tällaiseen porukkaan:

www.nytimes.com/2021/01/18/us/politics/ ... s.amp.html

At least four people suspected of being in the Oath Keepers have been arrested, including Jon Schaffer, an Indiana musician, who surrendered to the F.B.I. He was seen donning a hat that said “Oath Keepers Lifetime Member.”

The Oath Keepers are an anti-government, pro-gun militia composed largely of former law enforcement and military veterans “who believe that the federal government has been co-opted by a shadowy conspiracy that is trying to strip American citizens of their rights,” according to the F.B.I. The name of the Three Percenters, an anti-government group, is a reference to the purported 3 percent of the American colonial population that rose up to fight the British Army in the Revolution.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Mietin tuossa aiemmin viikolla, että olikohan 1998 Something Wicked This Way Comesilla ensimmäistä kertaa Schafferilla tuon suunnan lyriikoita? Esimerkiksi tämä kaksikko:

Stand Alone
Listen not to ones who preach
Those who feel you’re a freak
Everything about you is wrong
You must be sick, you don’t belong

Father said, worry not what they say
Use your mind, your own free will
In a time when everyone follows
Ignorance can kill

They only say what they want you to hear
Half-truths have been twisted to conceal your fate
In a world of spoon-fed emotion
Intelligence can save

Stand alone
Stand alone!
Stand alone!
Hear what I say
Stand alone
Stand alone!
Stand alone!
You will seize the day

Son, say what you mean, don’t be afraid
Tell them how you feel, hear what I say
Be true to yourself and true to your own
Your spirit will crush the hearts of stone

Stand alone
Stand alone!
Stand alone!
Hear what I say
Stand alone
Stand alone!
Stand alone!
It’s a leap of faith!
Stand alone
Stand alone!
Stand alone!
Hear what I say
Stand alone
Stand alone!
Stand alone!
You will seize the day!
Consequences
As human beings, we’re a complex thing
Sometimes so beautiful, other times so vain
We’ve built an empire, the blood is on our hands
Genocide and the chains that bind the consequence ahead

Oh... you ought to know
Oh... you ought to know

Wrote about in history as if it’s all O.K.
A race of people murdered, another one enslaved
Now our world crumbles, it’s happening within
Open your eyes and realize the world we’re living in

Oh... you ought to know
Oh... you ought to know

If we could focus on important things
Live and let live true freedom, not everyone’s the same
No more war for your god, no more war for your race
It’s our world, it’s what we make it
Make it a better place

Oh... you ought to know
Oh... you ought to know
Oh, yeah, yeah

We can change the world that we’re living in
Live and let live true freedom
Let the reign begin!
Syvään päähän hypättiin sitten tunnestusti Sons Of Libertyllä, missä oli sen jonkin populistikouhon puheesta kai tuo, kieltämättä korvaan tarttunut "the answer to 1984 is 1776!", mikä vaikuttaisi olevan hyvinkin linjassa tuon mainitun Three Percentersin kanssa, josta kuulin nyt ensi kertaa.
Secrecy, conspiracy, tyranny, slavery
An act of stealth, a silent coup d etat
Corrupted leaders hijacked freedom
Acting in duress, these ill designing men
Frame the master plan to enslave a nation
Secrecy, conspiracy, tyranny, slavery
The sinister design to fleece the common man
A massive Ponzi scheme, the cancer of our land
This is the Land of Oz, research it you will see
The men behind the curtain are scared of you and me
Usury, conspiracy, tyranny, slavery

[Chorus:]
The Creature from Jeckyll Island
The system hijacked freedom's brightest hope
The Creature from Jeckyll Island
Corruption is the cause of all our woes

Call it what it is, these global bankster rats
Arrest them and their pawns, we'll take our world back
I m here to tell you now, you better take a stand
Before we lose it all, enslavement is their plan

[Chorus]

[Bridge:]
We know that you manipulate the markets and blow out the economy
You create recessions and depressions
So that you can consolidate and steal wealth from the middle class
We are awake and we will rise up!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
We are agents of free humanity
And we are here to stand against your tyranny!

END THE FED!
END THE FED!
END THE FED!
END THE FED!

Educate yourself, who really runs the scheme?
Who causes all the wars? Who really pulls the strings?
Andrew Jackson said "By God I ll rout you out!"
And if we stand as one, we'll cast the demons out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uVOBejrBy4
Sabbathman

Hansi quits D&W

Post by Sabbathman »

Hansilla ei ollut mistä erotakaan kun toiminta on muutenkin jäissä...mutta maailmassamme on nykyään pakko valita puolensa asiassa kuin asiassa ja siinä kohden pitää loitontaa itsensä jopa vanhoista ystävistään.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jon-s ... s-project/