WHITESNAKE / COVERDALE

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Jussi

Re: WHITESNAKE / COVERDALE

Post by Jussi »

Lisää harvinaista Wsnakea, tulevan kokoelmatrilogian Rock-albumilta aiemman Flesh & Blood -outtake Always The Samen lisäksi. Tämä oli muistaakseni Don't Fade Away-singlen b-puoli 1997:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL_C-h4ZvQ4
WHITESNAKE will bring together some of its hardest-hitting songs of its multi-platinum career on "The Rock Album", a new collection that features revisited, remixed and remastered versions of the group's best rock songs. The album is the first release in the band's "Red, White And Blues" trilogy, a series of fresh, new collections organized by musical themes that will include: "Love Songs" (red), "The Rock Album" (white) and "The Blues Album" (blue).

The official music video for "Anything You Want" from "The Rock Album" can be seen below.

"The Rock Album" will be available on June 19 on CD ($14.98), and as a double-LP set pressed on 180-gram, white vinyl ($31.98) and is available for pre-order now. The music also will be available through digital and streaming services. The collection features the debut of "Always The Same", a previously unreleased song that was recorded during the 2019 sessions for "Flesh & Blood".

In the album's liner notes, WHITESNAKE founder and lead singer David Coverdale writes: "All the songs have been revisited, remixed and remastered. Some have been musically embellished where my co-producer Michael McIntyre, my new mixer Christopher Collier and I felt it appropriate or necessary to bring out the best in these songs."

"The Rock Album" spans over three decades with songs originally released between 1984 and 2011 on six WHITESNAKE studio albums. One track — "She Give Me" — is taken from Coverdale's 2000 solo album "Into The Light".

The group's music from the 1980s is well represented by "Love Ain't No Stranger" from "Slide It In" (1984) and "Judgement Day" from "Slip Of The Tongue" (1989), as well as "Still Of The Night", "Give Me All Your Love" and the No. 1 smash "Here I Go Again" from WHITESNAKE's 1987 self-titled album, which has been certified mega-platinum.

"Restless Heart" (1997) gets its due on the collection with four songs, including the title track, the official lyric video for which can be seen below. "The Rock Album" also features music from 2008's "Good to Be Bad" ("Best Years" and "Can't You Hear The Wind Blow"), in addition to the title track from 2011's "Forevermore". Other highlights from "The Rock Album" include a remixed version of "All Or Nothing" that features additional guitars pulled from the original multi-track tapes, plus an alternate arrangement of "Tell Me How" from "Forevermore".

Last month, WHITESNAKE released a 35th-anniversary remix of "Slide It In" as a 2LP set on 180-gram transparent red vinyl. WHITESNAKE scored its first platinum-selling album in 1984 with "Slide It In", a release that has sold more than six million copies worldwide thanks to hard-rocking songs like "Love Ain't No Stranger", "Slow An' Easy" and the title track.

"The Rock Album" CD track listing:

01. Still Of The Night
02. Best Years
03. Tell Me How
04. Love Ain't No Stranger
05. All Or Nothing
06. Give Me All Your Love
07. Can You Hear the Wind Blow
08. Restless Heart
09. Anything You Want
10. Here I Go Again
11. Judgement Day
12. She Give Me
13. Crying
14. Can't Stop Now
15. Always The Same *
16. Forevermore

* previously unreleased
edit: 4 kk myöhemmin kerrotaan 'Red Albumista' näin:
hitesnake brings together some of the most-passionate music of its multi-platinum career on LOVE SONGS, a new collection that contains remixed and remastered versions of the group’s best love songs. It’s the second release in the band’s “Red, White and Blues Trilogy,” a series of compilations organized by musical themes that began this summer with The ROCK Album (white) and will conclude next year with The BLUES Album (blue).

The new collection includes a mix of hits and deep tracks that were originally released between 1987 and 2011 on five Whitesnake studio albums and David Coverdale’s third solo album, Into the LIGHT. Available for pre-order now, LOVE SONGS will be released on November 6 as a CD , as a double-LP set pressed on 180-gram red vinyl, and digitally. The album will also be available via Rhino.com.

Like The ROCK Album, Coverdale says all the tracks on LOVE SONGS have been revisited, remixed and remastered. “Some have been musically embellished where my co-producer Michael McIntyre, my new mixer Christopher Collier and I felt it appropriate or necessary to bring out the best in these songs,” he explains.

Coverdale continues, “As most of you know, pretty much all the songs I write are love songs in some way, shape or form. These are some of my favorites. Not all are ballads. Some are out and out rockers with powerful romantic themes…and of course…include heavy breathing in all of them!!”

A fresh, new remix of one of Whitesnake’s biggest hits, “Is This Love” (2020 Remix) from the band’s multi-platinum self-titled album, is available today. Released in October 1987 as the follow-up to the #1 smash “Here I Go Again,” “Is This Love” would peak at #2 on the U.S. singles chart, making it the second-biggest hit of the band’s career. The group’s next album, the platinum-certified Slip of the Tongue (1989), is represented here by the hit singles “The Deeper The Love” and “Now You’re Gone.”

In addition to the album tracks “Don’t You Cry” and “Midnight Blue,” the set also introduces three previously unreleased outtakes from the Into the LIGHT album sessions: “With All Of My Heart,” “Yours For The Asking,” and “Let’s Talk It Over.” The albums Restless Heart (1997), Good to Be Bad (2008), and Forevermore (2011) are also represented on the compilation with multiple tracks (“Too Many Tears,” “Summer Rain,” and “Easier Said Than Done”).

In the coming months, some of the band’s most adored MTV-era hit videos will be released on Whitesnake’s YouTube channel in brand new HD, including a fan-requested promotional video for the song “Easier Said Than Done” from the Forevermore album.
THE LOVE ALBUM

CD Track Listing:

Love Will Set You Free
The Deeper the Love
All I Want, All I Need
Too Many Tears
Can’t Go On
Is This Love
With All of My Heart *
Summer Rain
Your Precious Love
Now You’re Gone
Don’t You Cry
Midnight Blue
Easier Said Than Done
Yours For The Asking *
Let’s Talk It Over *

* previously unreleased
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1NXiS0bh0
caution2

Post by caution2 »

Arvio Restless Heart 25th Anniversary Edition -levystä!

https://levyhyllyntakaa.blogspot.com/20 ... 72021.html
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

^ hyvää pohdintaa, kiitos. Nimibiisi Restless Heart on aina ollut mieleeni tuolta levyltä.

Tuosta raskaalla kädellä biisiensä uusiksi tekemisestä, niin eikö David ole harrastanut sitä jo näillä kolmivärisillä Rock, Love & Blues Songs -kokoelmilla parin viime vuoden aikana? Muistelen, että sisälsivät myös uusia soittojuttuja, ynnä muuta.

edit: Tuossahan tuo ylempänä luki :D Oliskohan käytetty samoja versioita, esim. tuosta Restless Heartista? Tuskin se on sentään alle 2 v. välein työstänyt niitä 1997 raitoja uudestaan kahteen kertaan.

"In the album's liner notes, WHITESNAKE founder and lead singer David Coverdale writes: "All the songs have been revisited, remixed and remastered. Some have been musically embellished where my co-producer Michael McIntyre, my new mixer Christopher Collier and I felt it appropriate or necessary to bring out the best in these songs."
Herra Turpasauna

Post by Herra Turpasauna »

Täytyy ketjuun huomiona heittää että David Coverdale & Jimmy Page - "Take Me For A Little While" on maagisimpia ja hienoimpia biisejä mitä tiedän. On kyllä kuunneltu paljon, ja ko. levykin on ihan kelvollinen. Aivan varmasti tuttu biisi kaikille - mutta hyvä palauttaa mieliin - kun tuskin paljon radiossa enää soi.

Löysin jonkinlaisen "VHS" kopion tästä youtubesta.. kyllä tuosta sentään kuvasta selvän saa - paremmin kuin monesta muusta ko. aikakauden videosta. :) Näitä vanhoja nauhoja olisi kiva saada hyvin restauroituina enemmänkin nettiin eri artisteilta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8pM40E62II
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

^ Tuo on aina ollut suosikkibiisini Coverdale/Pagen levyltä, upea!

Samaa hienoa henkeä löydän tästä omasta all-time top-3 kappaleesta koskaan; vanha sir David hieman kanavoi lopun revittelyissä (samalla soundtrackilla esiintyvää) Axl Rosea, mutta onhan vuosi 1990 joten ei se väärin ole 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G7caZOH3yY

Hans Zimmer teki musiikin ja Billy Idol lyriikat, jonka piti myös esittää tämä, mutta kuuluisa moottoripyöräonnettomuus (omaelämäkertansa kannattaa lukea!) esti sen joten simppeli $$$ toi Coverdalen mukaan.