Judas Priest is back! Uusi levy ja kiertue 2012

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Sabbathman

Re: Judas Priest is back! Uusi levy ja kiertue 2012

Post by Sabbathman »

heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Omalla kohdallani tärkeitä Priest-kappaleita ovat mm. Victim Of Changes, Delivering The Goods, Electric Eye sekä monet Defenders Of The Faithin kappaleet. Priestillähän riittää monia erinomaisia biisejä runsain mitoin.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Judas Priestin 50 Heavy Metal Years -kiertueen päivämääriä odotellessa! Tulisipa noista Ozzyn peruuntuneista päivämääristä Priestin omia headliner-keikkoja, ei kai Euroopan tarvitse odotella jonnekin 2021 saakka Priestin nähdäkseen...
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas ... -copy-him/

Asked how the guitar playing in PRIEST would be split if Downing was to return for the band's 50th-anniversary tour, Faulkner said: "I guess if he was in it, I don't think Ken would be playing my bits. I honestly couldn't tell you. I wouldn't know… I guess if Ken was there, he'd play his parts and I'd play my parts and then Glenn's parts, which is fine for me… But it's one of those things, man… I wish, personally, it had been a different outcome and everyone was getting on fine and Ken could come back and everyone was friends and we could do it for the last tour, the 50th anniversary, go out with a bang and Glenn can come back when [he is able to]. But that's not the way it worked out, unfortunately. But who knows? What will be will be. Again, that's out of my hands. As I said, it's not my relationship to have."
Jussi

Re: Judas Priest 50

Post by Jussi »

Rob on asian ytimessä! Lupaa hyvää noille keikoille, mitä julkaisevat lähes päivittäin nyt eurooppaan & ensi kesän festareille:
JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke to Rolling Stone about the band's plans for a 50th-anniversary tour, which is expected to launch next spring/summer.

"I've been feverishly working over the last few weeks and months with our stage designers to make something very, very special," he said. "We're gonna go deep, deep, deep into the catalogue and try to find songs that we've never played before and wrap it up into the history of PRIEST and the 50th anniversary. The official PRIEST 50th spectacular starts next year. So it's gonna be a great show. We've got some really big surprises and it's gonna be a wonderful celebration of PRIEST and British heavy metal."
Sabbathman

Re: Judas Priest 50

Post by Sabbathman »

Jussi wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:53 pm Rob on asian ytimessä! Lupaa hyvää noille keikoille, mitä julkaisevat lähes päivittäin nyt eurooppaan & ensi kesän festareille:
JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke to Rolling Stone about the band's plans for a 50th-anniversary tour, which is expected to launch next spring/summer.

"I've been feverishly working over the last few weeks and months with our stage designers to make something very, very special," he said. "We're gonna go deep, deep, deep into the catalogue and try to find songs that we've never played before and wrap it up into the history of PRIEST and the 50th anniversary. The official PRIEST 50th spectacular starts next year. So it's gonna be a great show. We've got some really big surprises and it's gonna be a wonderful celebration of PRIEST and British heavy metal."
Ensi vuoden pääkeikka yli kaikkien muiden. Melkeinpä ainoa jonka perässä lähden jopa Tampereen Ratinan eteläpuolellekin. Ratinan stadion olisi kyllä mainio paikka, en missään nimessä toivo tätä mihinkään Rockfesteillekään...

Priest on kyllä hienosti uudistellut settiään rundista toiseen, eipä ole tarvinnut samoja kokoelmia kuunnella vaikka tiettyjä ydinklassikoita onkin ollut aina mukana. Odotan tästä rundista sellaista joka tyydyttää sen viimeisenkin keikkanälän näiden suurten legendojen listalla. Ensi vuoden äänitepuolella pidän tärkeimpinä Painkiller 30 v. julkaisua (jossa olisi kuvaltaan ja ääneltään restauroitu Rock In Rio mukana) ja tietenkin tämän 50 v. rundin tallenteen eri formaatteja.
Sabbathman

ROB HALFORD: Confess

Post by Sabbathman »

ROB HALFORD's Autobiography, 'Confess', Due In Fall 2020

October 31, 2019

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rob-h ... fall-2020/

JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford will release his autobiography, "Confess", in October 2020.

Known as "The Metal God" by his devoted, global fan base, Halford has always subverted the norm, and "Confess" will offer readers a compelling, heartfelt and honest look at the struggles Rob has faced with addiction and his sexuality as well as exploring his music and his many brushes with controversy.

Written with Ian Gittins, co-writer of "The Heroin Diaries" by Nikki Sixx, the book charts Halford's rock and roll lifestyle from the late eighties to the band's 50th anniversary in 2020.

Halford explained: "'Confess' is a unique once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to expose every facet of myself. Digging deep with nothing to hide and nothing to fear was in many ways exciting, fun, disturbing, terrifying and cathartic. I've held nothing back. It's time for me to 'Confess'."

Headline Publishing's publishing director Sarah Emsley, who acquired world rights from Dave Daniel at CSA for "Confess", said: "I have a real passion for warts-and-all, career-spanning autobiographies from icons of the music world and Rob Halford's story is truly incredible. Covering seven action-packed decades, the early material from 'Confess' is stunning. We cannot wait to publish Rob's book around the globe next year."

Earlier this year, the JUDAS PRIEST singer confirmed that he was finally working on a book, after having previously insisted he would never do so because of privacy concerns.

Speaking to Ultimate Classic Rock, Halford said that his memoir will offer a candid look back at his life.

"There's no point in putting a book together if you don't have full disclosure, in my opinion," he said. "Since I've been clean and sober, I've probably been more honest and truthful about myself than I ever have been. You only get a chance to do it once and do it properly.

"I'm excited, but I'm also kind of apprehensive as we move along," he admitted. "Because you don't know what you [should include]: Should I say this, should I say that? I don't know."

As for what the book will be like, Halford said: "I don't want it to be an autobiography — I want it to be more of a memoir. It's going to have a lot of things in there that you're going to go, 'Oh, I'm not really interested in that.' You're also going to go, 'Oh my God, I never knew he did that!' But it's going to make you feel happy, it's going to make you feel sad. It's going to make you feel angry, it's going to shock you. It's going to have all of the things that I think have been in most people's lives."
hex

Post by hex »

Judas Priest Tallinnan laululavalla kesäkuun ekana päivänä. Teemana siis 50 HEAVY METAL YEARS
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Tulisivat nyt siinä 29./30.05. Suomenkin puolelle...tai sitten Wackenin jälkeen ennen Englantia...
hex

Post by hex »

Sabbathman wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:21 pm Tulisivat nyt siinä 29./30.05. Suomenkin puolelle...tai sitten Wackenin jälkeen ennen Englantia...
30.5. aika ja Helsingin jäähalli paikka
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Tämä on nyt sellainen keikkauutinen että Image

Judas Priest 50. Painkiller 30. :metal:
Koskenkorvasieni

Post by Koskenkorvasieni »

Priestin toukokuiselle jäähallikeikalle lippu tuli hankittua jo viikko sitten, eli messissä ollaan ja innolla odotan millaisen shown saavat aikaiseksi. 8)

En tiedä pistikö kukaan merkille, mutta marraskuussa KK Downing, Les Binks, Tim Ripper Owens, David Ellefson ja itselleni tuntematon nuori kitaristi AJ Mills soittivat täyden setin Priest-klassikkoja Downingin omistamassa Steel Mill-keikkapaikassa Wolverhamptonissa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2nODn_YRVg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr6hAbDLaKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0gMk8fotiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYp_1dF0zJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-1LmqwJX-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLc48b1RZOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAPY7nedQM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4RnaYywT4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq7_Qaa4_-U

Kyllähän tuommoista lineupia ja settiä mielellään itsekin livenä kuulisi, on tuossa kuitenkin kolme Judas Priest-alumnia, joista yksi perustajajäsen, eikä pidä unohtaa, kuinka taitava ja rikollisen aliarvostettu rumpali Les Binks on, soitti kuitenkin Stained Classilla, Killing Machinella ja liveklassikolla Unleashed In The East. Itse asiassa KK:n Facebookista löytyi seuraava teksti:
K.K.Downing press release:

”First of all, I want to once again express my huge appreciation to all fans worldwide for the overwhelmingly positive response to my Bloodstock appearance in August and the Wolverhampton gig in early November. I am truly humbled and grateful.

I am also taken aback with the compelling fan outcry for me to participate in the Judas Priest 50th anniversary celebrations next year. Consequently, I felt the right thing to do was to reach out to my former band-mates to gather their thoughts on this, and their response is they are not receptive to my participation in the band and they do not intend to include me in the 50th anniversary celebrations.

However, the great news for the fans is that I will be continuing to forge ahead, I am looking very much forward to seeing you all on the road in 2020. Together we will take on the world”
Eli KK on lähdössä tien päälle jonkinlaisen kokoonpanon kanssa ensi vuonna, toivottavasti ainakin Binks ja Ripper ovat mukana. 8)
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Koskenkorvasieni wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:05 am Eli KK on lähdössä tien päälle jonkinlaisen kokoonpanon kanssa ensi vuonna, toivottavasti ainakin Binks ja Ripper ovat mukana. 8)
Helsinkiin asti tämän alumni-porukan vetovoima ei silti riitä...
Iamthenight

Post by Iamthenight »

Olipas muuten aika huonot saundit tuossa uudessa Priestissä eikä biisimateriaalikaan vaikuttanut. Liikaa hitaanpuoleisia biisejä, mutta muistaakseni oli edes yksi vähän rivakampikin biisi joukossa. Silti yksikään biisi ei yltänyt Dragonautin tasolle valitettavasti. Jäipä ostamatta uusinkin priesti sitten.
Koskenkorvasieni

Post by Koskenkorvasieni »

Sabbathman

KK's Priest...

Post by Sabbathman »

^ Hienoa kun vanhat Priest-äijät alkavat soittamaan kimpassa...mutta vaikka rakastankin Priestin musiikkia ehkä eniten (no tietysti kaikki Dio ja kaikki Iommi myös) niin missään nimessä en lähde tämän perässä reissuun, en vain tarvitse tätäkin elämääni.
Rockman

Re: KK's Priest...

Post by Rockman »

Sabbathman wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:09 pm ^ Hienoa kun vanhat Priest-äijät alkavat soittamaan kimpassa...mutta vaikka rakastankin Priestin musiikkia ehkä eniten (no tietysti kaikki Dio ja kaikki Iommi myös) niin missään nimessä en lähde tämän perässä reissuun, en vain tarvitse tätäkin elämääni.
Itsellä sama juttu. JP vetää vielä sen verran kovaa ja mielenkiintoisella materiaalilla, ettei pienempi versio sytytä yhtä paljon. Elleivät sitten vedä Ripperin aikaista Priestiä, todella aliarvostettua kamaa!
Herra Turpasauna

Re: KK's Priest...

Post by Herra Turpasauna »

Rockman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:20 am
Sabbathman wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:09 pm ^ Hienoa kun vanhat Priest-äijät alkavat soittamaan kimpassa...mutta vaikka rakastankin Priestin musiikkia ehkä eniten (no tietysti kaikki Dio ja kaikki Iommi myös) niin missään nimessä en lähde tämän perässä reissuun, en vain tarvitse tätäkin elämääni.
Itsellä sama juttu. JP vetää vielä sen verran kovaa ja mielenkiintoisella materiaalilla, ettei pienempi versio sytytä yhtä paljon. Elleivät sitten vedä Ripperin aikaista Priestiä, todella aliarvostettua kamaa!
Minun hevidiggailu alkoi Priestin Painkiller levystä. Itselle hyvin tärkeä bändi siis. Tuohtuneena Halfordin lähdöstä en silloin muinoin mennyt katsomaan Ripperin Priestiä (näin bändin vasta myöhemmin kun Rob oli palannut). Myöskään Jugulator ja Demolition levyt eivät silloin maistuneet.

Vaan nykyään kyllä pidän noistakin levyistä, kun raskaampikin kama uppoaa. Priest ennenvanhaan nimenomaan oli siitä kuuluisa että seuraava levy saattoi olla aivan erilainen kuin edellinen. Monipuolisuus oli bändin valtteja.

Ulkomaille tuskin minäkään lähtisin KK'S Priestiä katsomaan. - Vaan jos tulee minne tahansa Suomen kamaralle, niin auto starttaa kyllä!
Toivottavasti vaikka jokin festari buukkaisi päälavalleen tuon aktin.. "vink vink" :idea: Tuolle ulkomaiden managerille Jim Morewoodille vaan soittoa festarijärjestäjät.. uskoisin että edullisesti lähtee nyt tämä kiinnostava bändi.

Ripper osaa edelleen lauluhommat, KK on legenda, ja tuo Binks oli Priestin ylivoimaisesti paras rumpali - Stained Class on minulle Priestin toiseksi tärkein levy (Painkiller on ykkönen).
steni

Post by steni »

En tiedä onko muille tuttu ja onko jo linkitetty aikaisemmin, mutta tämä Dortmund 1983 live tuli jostain vastaan.
Kuva ja äänikin mukavan laadukkaita.
Esim. Victim Of Changes jälleen kerran aika killeri. Kyllä kelpaa tuon ajan meininki saatanan hienosti
tällaiselle vanhalle ukolle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

steni wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 pmKyllä kelpaa tuon ajan meininki saatanan hienosti
tällaiselle vanhalle ukolle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Kyllä kelpaa tännekin! 🤘 Klassinen Priest on aina ja ikuisesti kovinta tasoa kaikessa heavy metallissa! Ihme kun tästä ei ole tullut viraabelia julkaisua, no ehkä arkistot avautuvat aikanaan.

Tälle vuodelle odottelen Painkillerin 30 v. julkaisua livebonuksineen (Rock In Rio...), ihmettelen suuresti jos ei sellaista ala kuulumaan... 🙏
steni

Post by steni »

Tuosta tuli semmoiset eargasmit, että pitää varmaan tänään katsella tuo 1982 Memphis live, kun vaan löydän sen jostain kätköistäni.
Just tuli postista Battle Cry blu-ray, kun vihdoin sen sain tilattua mutta sen väijyminen saa odotella hetken......
hex

Post by hex »

steni wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 pm En tiedä onko muille tuttu ja onko jo linkitetty aikaisemmin, mutta tämä Dortmund 1983 live tuli jostain vastaan.
Aikoinaan tuli ihan Suomen televisiosta, ainakin osa tästä. Oli kyllä huikeaa kun televisiosta tuli samoilta festareilta Priestin lisäksi Maidenia, Ozzyä, Scorpionsia, Leppardia...Sitten jostain saatiin käsiimme version, kai se oli Ruotsin telkkarista napattu, jossa oli vielä pidemmät versiot keikoista kuin Ylen lähettämät. Voi niitä aikoja.
Sabbathman

British Steel 40

Post by Sabbathman »

1980 on yksi merkittävimmistä julkaisuvuosista, monen bändin merkkipaalut ovat tuolta ajalta.

Tänään 40 v. täyttävä British Steel on itselleni yksi tärkeimmistä levyistä niin Priestin historiassa kuin myös koko levykokoelmassanikin.

Welcome to the land of...
THE METAL GODS!!!

🇬🇧🏭🤖✨🌍

https://youtu.be/5x6dlAZGpRI
Sabbathman

Breaking The What?

Post by Sabbathman »

Let's go break that law right now!

🚘🏦🎸💷🚔

https://youtu.be/eRorNhiUM8U
Sabbathman

Judas Priest upcoming...

Post by Sabbathman »

Judas Priestin keikan perumisesta tai siirtämisestä ei ole vielä tietoa Ticketmasterilta, mutta tässä viimeisintä noottia että levytys lähestyy...
JUDAS PRIEST To Re-Team With 'Firepower' Producers On Upcoming Album

May 7, 2020

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas ... ng-album/J

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST are continuing to work on material for the band's follow-up to "Firepower" album. Released in March 2018, "Firepower" was the second LP to feature Richie Faulkner, who was selected to fill the void left by founding guitarist K.K. Downing following his exit in 2011.

PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke about the band's next LP in the latest episode of Revolver's "The Last Show", a video series for road crew relief. He said (see video below): "I've got another great bunch of ideas from Richie the other day. He and I are always in touch. He sent me a bunch of riffs and songs — some completed, some half completed. We go back and forth.

"It's a strange way of doing it," he continued. "This is how you utilize technology. Richie is over in Nashville; I'm here in Phoenix right now. And that's the way we go back and forth.

"All songs start with an idea — just a very simple, basic idea. Sometimes it's a complete idea. It will start at the beginning. And we've had a lot of fun — Richie and I — putting together some of these vibes. And then we generally go back over to England and we hook up with Glenn [Tipton, guitar] and with Ian [Hill, bass], and Scott [Travis, drums] comes over, and Andy [Sneap, producer and touring guitarist] is there, of course, in the mix. And hopefully we'll get Tom Allom back in production. In fact, I'm pretty sure that'll happen as we make the next PRIEST album; we'll have Tom there. Those guys did a great job with the 'Firepower' record, and so we're gonna dive in and get that work completed as soon as we possibly can. That's what we do. PRIEST make records."
---

Tuosta vähän toisenlaista tulkintaa kaikkien aikojen kovimmasta heavy metal -kappaleesta...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_1gguZjgQ ... fzqpjez2o4
Luxi

Post by Luxi »