Accept - Too Mean To Die

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Mr Rami

Re: Accept

Post by Mr Rami »

nero9000 wrote:Parvella eivät känniääliötkään häirinneet. Ah mikä keikka.
Pääasiassa siellä permannollakin sai olla häiriöittä, mutta olikohan se suunnilleen Midnight Moverin aikaan kun joku örvellysporukka heilui yleisön joukossa ja rusikoi ihmisiä. Onneksi rauhoittuivat lopulta tai siirtyivät muualle.
nero9000 wrote:Ei muuten ollut Lulisin ajan Grave Digger, vaan Lulisin ajan Rebellion coveroimassa Lulisin ajan Grave Diggeriä. :D
Hah. Olinkin kuulevinani pieniä eroavaisuuksia Tunes of Warin versioon nähden. :) Rebellioniin ei ole tullut sen enempää tutustuttua, mitä nyt Youtubesta jotain kuunnellut. Sietäisi varmaan joskus vaivautua tutustumaan tarkemminkin.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Nyt Hercules, nyt! Eiksje?
ACCEPT To Release 'Symphonic Terror - Live At Wacken 2017' In November

June 21, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/accept ... -november/

German/American heavy metal legends ACCEPT will release a live set, "Symphonic Terror - Live At Wacken 2017", on November 23 via Nuclear Blast. Fans can expect a unique ACCEPT show, shot on August 3, 2017 at the legendary Wacken Open Air festival, where the band played the biggest and most extraordinary show of its career in front of 80,000, on top of thousands more fans watching via a live stream.

The two-hour concert was divided into three parts, showing the full creative power of ACCEPT: The first part featured the premiere of new tracks "Die By The Sword" and "Koolaid", as well as some of the band's most popular songs, such as "Restless And Wild" and "Pandemic". The middle part featured guitarist Wolf Hoffmann accompanied by a symphony orchestra, presenting the best tracks from his recent solo album, "Headbangers Symphony", which includes metal versions of some of the world's biggest classical compositions (e.g. from Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi). And in the last but not least part, fans were able to bang their heads to ACCEPT anthems (also accompanied by the orchestra), such as "Princess Of The Dawn", "Breaker", "Fast As A Shark" and "Metal Heart", as well as to newwe songs like "Stalingrad", "Shadow Soldiers" and "Teutonic Terror". The finale was an eight-minute version of ACCEPT's classic song "Balls To The Walls".

"This was a mash-up of intensity and precision," Wolf Hoffmann says about the fusion of heavy metal and classical music. "The fans are extremely open-minded, but I was nervous 'till the last minute before the show anyway. After all, it's still a metal festival! But I think that, after many years of ACCEPT combining both worlds, fans have started to really accept this concept."

After the Wacken performance, Hoffmann told TotalRock's Whitney Alyson Ribbins: "It was phenomenal. We didn't really know what to expect. We did some rehearsals and stuff, but that was the first time we were ever on stage with an orchestra. It was totally different to what we normally do, but it sounded fantastic and it felt great. Everybody was smiling, the orchestra people had a lot of fun, the conductor was in a great mood and everybody was, like, 'This is fun.' It all went really, really smooth and it couldn't have gone better."

He continued: "A lot of preparation went into it — months of talking about it and organizing everything and writing the scores and writing all the sheet music for everybody, because playing with an orchestra, you can't just jam."

Asked whether this was something he would like to do again, Wolf responded: "Yeah, I'd love to. For me, classical music... the sound of an orchestra is something that has always fascinated me. My whole life I have wanted to combine the two elements together. I've done it by using classical bits and pieces in my solos over the years, then I made a solo record, then I made a solo record with an orchestra and now finally live on stage with an orchestra like that, fifty people, it was a dream come true."
:metal:
What started as a world premiere at Wacken will be continued in early 2019. ACCEPT is planning to tour with an orchestra across Europe in the spring of next year. "I really hope we will be able to fulfill our dream — we are working hard on it!" Hoffmann says. "What I can already say now is that there will be lots of optical and musical surprises that fans of ACCEPT have never experienced before. We want to multiply what we have achieved in Wacken and are happy about every bit of support we get. One thing is for sure: 2019 will be exciting!"
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Näin on. Saa nähdä, rantautuuko tuo spesiaalikevätkiertue Suomeen. Vai onko kyseessä vain Keski-Eurooppa? Aika hankalaa sitten kuljetella kokonaista orkesteria esim. Suomeen.
Innoissani olen myös tulevasta U.D.O.-albumista.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Udo on soitellut pelkkää Acceptia 2,5 vuotta. Accept on tehnyt tällä vuosikymmenellä jo 4 tykkiä levyä. Molemmilta bändeiltä on tullut 2 livejulkaisuakin...joten mitäs Acceptilta nyt sitten odotellaan enää tämän julkaisun jälkeen? Onhan tämä aikamoinen uran huipentuma!
ACCEPT: 'Symphonic Terror - Live At Wacken 2017' Cover Artwork, Track
Listing Revealed

September 21, 2018

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/accept ... -revealed/

German/American heavy metal legends ACCEPT will release a live set,
"Symphonic Terror - Live At Wacken 2017", on November 23 via Nuclear
Blast. Fans can expect a unique ACCEPT show, shot on August 3, 2017 at
the legendary Wacken Open Air festival, where the band played the
biggest and most extraordinary show of its career in front of 80,000,
on top of thousands more fans watching via a live stream.

"Symphonic Terror - Live At Wacken 2017" will be available as:

* Blu-ray+2CD digipak
* DVD+2CD digipak
* 2CD digipak
* 3LP box (black) including booklet, poster
* 3LP Box (gold) including booklet, poster (Nuclear Blast mailorder exclusive)
* Blu-ray+DVD+2CD earbook
* BluRay+DVD+2CD earbook + photo card (signed) (Nuclear Blast
mailorder exclusive)

DVD/Blu-ray track listing:

Part 1: Accept

Part 2: Headbanger's Symphony

Part 3: Accept with Orchestra

Bonus:

22. Making Of: Wacken
23. Making Of: Headbanger's Symphony
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Ei kyllä itellä kiinnosta ns. silmääkään tämä orkkalive. Nuo muutamat hyvät & mielenkiintoiset biisit voi tsekata sen kerran, kun vaikka kirjastosta lainaa devarin, mutta siinä se.
Part 1: Accept

01. Die By The Sword
02. Restless And Wild
03. Koolaid
04. Pandemic
05. Final Journey

Part 2: Headbanger's Symphony

06. Night On Bald Mountain
07. Scherzo
08. Romeo And Juliet
09. Pathétique
10. Double Cello Concerto In G Minor
11. Symphony No. 40 IN G Minor

Part 3: Accept with Orchestra

12. Princess Of The Dawn
13. Stalingrad
14. Dark Side Of My Heart
15. Breaker
16. Shadow Soldiers
17. Dying Breed
18. Fast As A Shark
19. Metal Heart
20. Teutonic Terror
21. Balls To The Wall
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Acceptin biisit nimenomaan toimivat erinomaisen hyvin orkesterisovituksina; lähinnä siksikin, että Acceptin musiikki on jo Breakeristä lähtien flirttailut klassisen musiikin kanssa.
hex

Post by hex »

Kiertueellehan ne lupailivat tämän livejulkaisun tiimoilta lähteä. Epäilen vahvasti ettei Suomeen asti yllä, sen verran pieniä ovat nuo Acceptin keikkapaikat maassamme olleet ettei tänne luultavasti kannata mitään sinfoniaorkesteria tuottaa. Olen tuon Wacken taltioinnin pari kertaa katsonut ja kovasti siitä tykkäsin, joten tulee tuo omaan hyllyyn päätymään. Ja ehkä sirtä jonnekin voisi lähteä livenä kuuntelemaan, jos vain aikataulut osuvat sopiviin paikkoihin.

Tallenteelta erityisesti haluan mainita tuon Headbanger's Symphony osuuden. Yleensä en niin hirveästi ole innostunut intstrumentaalikamasta, mutta tuo Wolfin soolo toimii kyllä ihan täysillä.
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

hex wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:22 am
Tallenteelta erityisesti haluan mainita tuon Headbanger's Symphony osuuden. Yleensä en niin hirveästi ole innostunut intstrumentaalikamasta, mutta tuo Wolfin soolo toimii kyllä ihan täysillä.
Ennemmin minä tuota Wolfin soololevyä kuuntelen kuin Acceptin The Rise Of Chaosta, joka jotenkin jäi torsoksi. Tuntuikin kuin Wolf olisi paukkunsa ladannut tuohon soololevyyn. Acceptin omalla levyllä, kun tuntuivat kitarasoolot normitasoon verrattuna ponnettomilta.
hex

Post by hex »

Peter Baltes on ilmoittanut jättävänsä yhtyeen.
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Ikävä asia tosiaan. Peter Baltes on aina ollut tärkeä osa Acceptia.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Outo juttu, mutta jos Peter haluaa eläköityä niin on kait siihen oikeus; tämän vuosikymmenen painaneet aika kovaa tahtia vielä.
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Nyt on Accept löytänyt uuden basistin Peter Baltesin tilalle. Hän on Martin Motnik.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

Udo on viime vuosina tarjoillut niin paljon vanhaa Acceptia ja nyt taas mennään soolomateriaalilla, että jotenkin tämä Wolffin Accept ei herätä hirveästi mielenkiintoa vaikka hyviä biisejä sielläkin esitellään ja tietenkin Wolffin kitaroinnit on se juttu. Nyt vaan kun Baltes lähti (miksi nämä vanhat jehut oikein lähtee tästä bändistä?) niin tuntuu kuin ei olisi koko bändiä enää. Ehkä se Symphonic Terror jääkin viimeiseksi julkaisuksi mitä hankin...
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

heraklos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:45 pm Nyt on Accept löytänyt uuden basistin Peter Baltesin tilalle. Hän on Martin Motnik.
Hm, se kiertue on vielä syksylläkin ilmeisesti Symphonic Terroria, kun myös kiertueviulisti on remmissä, ikävää. En oikein jaksaisi sitä instrumentaaliosiota niin pitkästi, mutta onpa sitten erilainen tavan keikkoihin nähden, joita niitäkin on tullut nähtyä heiltä. Ja jos siitä julkaisusta poimii, niin kyllähän hyviä ja mielenkiintoisia biisejä riittää siltikin, mm. Dark Side Of My Heartin, Dying Breedin, Final Journeyn, Pandemicin & Koolaidin myötä kuultavaksi.
“We were overwhelmed and honored by the musicians who auditioned for the open position. The level of talent we saw was unprecedented, and we believe Martin Motnik is a perfect fit as he’ll be joining us for the Symphonic Terror Tour and upcoming ACCEPT shows,” said Wolf Hoffmann, founding member of the band.
Miksihän sanoo noin, että (vain) keikoilla soittaisi, saa pian kuvan että Wolf tietää itse paremmin miten vetää bassot seuraavalle levylle -mikäli sellaista tulee.
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Minulla on vähän sellainen tuntuma, että biisit ovat jollakin tasolla valmiita jo. Varma en tietenkään voi olla, mutta onhan niitä biisejä käsittääkseni tehty aina kun on ollut aikaa. Voihan olla mahdollista, että jo muutamalla keikalla ollut tuuraajakin on antanut oman panoksensa. Mene ja tiedä.

Vaikka Acceptin ydin kutistuu kutistumistaan, niin minulla henkilökohtaisesti on paljonkin intoa kuulla Wolfin kitarointia, joka on aina ollut yksi iso osa Acceptin musiikkia. Edelleen pitää myös mainita, että Mark Tornillo on mies paikallaan, ja ainakin minä olen hyväksynyt miehen ihan täysivaltaiseksi Acceptin jäseneksi.
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Sitten seuraa Acceptin Donation-kappa...ei kun tämä onkin uusi kappale Life's A Bitch. Nyt on hiukan käyty AC/DC:n pöytälaatikolla. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaJ-GZi-eg
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Mjoo, aika kertakäyttöinen, en tiedä päätyykö kokoelman yms. täytteeksi mutta täkybiisihän se tällainen välimallin singlekin on. Wolf tuossa kai on sitten bassossa, kun kuuluivatkin niin vienosti vrt. Baltesiin? Tai sitten se on The Rise Of Chaosin ylijäämää ja Peter vielä mukana.
Metal Heart

Post by Metal Heart »

Accept mittarilla suht huono, mutta silti ihan vitin kova biisi! Hyvän tuulen tuoja.
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

No nyt viimeistään tämä on Wolf Hoffmann -sooloprojekti 100 %:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/accept ... -retiring/
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

No, jopas Accept-leirissä tapahtuu. Ei miehistön vähenemistä, vaan lisääntymistä. Uwe saa tuuraajaan, mutta kun Uwe paranee, niin Acceptilla onkin kolme kitaristia. :shock:
Sabbathman

Post by Sabbathman »

heraklos wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:44 pm No, jopas Accept-leirissä tapahtuu. Ei miehistön vähenemistä, vaan lisääntymistä. Uwe saa tuuraajaan, mutta kun Uwe paranee, niin Acceptilla onkin kolme kitaristia. :shock:
No on aikoihin eletty! Kun nyt Wolf itse pysyisi bändissä! :lol:
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Joo, kaikkea sitä tapahtuukin.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Erikoiselta vaikuttaa tuo vuodentakainen lähtö, kun Wolf itsekin noin erillään pysynyt vanhasta kaverista.
BM wrote:Pomelo Rocker recently conducted an interview with ACCEPT guitarist Wolf Hoffmann. You can now listen to the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On the progress of the songwriting sessions for the follow-up to 2017's "The Rise Of Chaos" album:

Wolf: "Well, it's going slow, but it's going. I'm sitting here working every day when I can on new songs, and some of them are pretty complete, some of them are half complete, and there's a bunch that are quite far away from being finished. It's a wide spectrum, and I can't really say… It's done when it's done — that's all I know. But we're working on it."

On whether he still keeps in touch with longtime bassist Peter Baltes, who left ACCEPT a year ago:

Wolf: "Man, unfortunately, when somebody leaves the band, they're always kind of out of sight, out of mind. It's very sad. I wish it wasn't that way, because we've been friends for so long. But the reality is I haven't really heard from him — even though I reached out a couple of times. He's almost like he wants to disappear or he wants to leave the music business altogether. It's sad and I still don't quite understand what really happened. But it is what it is, and we move on."

On the addition of third guitarist Philip Shouse:

Wolf: "We got to know Phil during our orchestra shows. We did a bunch of orchestra shows where we played with Phil, and we discovered how incredibly well we jelled together — what a good fit he is. Long story short, we just figured, why should we let him go? We just keep him on, because he's really a great addition to the band lineup, we think. It's a little bit unusual to have three guitar players, but you can really do quite a few cool things with three guitarists. When you have twin leads in certain passages, you still have another guitar player playing the rhythm stuff, so it's really powerful and really versatile in a way. And really he's a super-nice guy as well, so we figured we don't wanna let him go. So we'll just take him on."

On how having a third guitar player will affect ACCEPT's songwriting:

Wolf: "I'm already thinking of that. Now that we know we've got a third guitar player, I'm already thinking during the songwriting, 'Oh, it would be cool if he plays this and I play that.' So, yeah, that makes a big difference. Probably more [twin guitar harmonies]. I don't know — I can't really promise, because you've gotta do what the song wants to do. You can't really force it in there and play double lead stuff all over the place if it doesn't fit the song. So, the song dictates everything. But we're trying to find more spaces for Phil, absolutely."

This past April, ACCEPT announced the addition of bassist Martin Motnik to the group's ranks.

Born in Ludwigshafen, Germany, Motnik has been playing music since he was seven years old and has been a member of several bands, both in Germany and the United States. He was asked by Uli Jon Roth to join him for his 2008 U.S. tour and again in 2009 and 2012. In addition to his musical talent, Motnik also has a Master's Degree in business from the University of Mannheim.

ACCEPT is:

Wolf Hoffmann - Guitar
Mark Tornillo - Vocals
Christopher Williams - Drums
Uwe Lulis - Guitar

Martin Motnik - Bass
Philip Shouse - Guitar
heraklos

Post by heraklos »

Olihan aikoinaan tämä Jörg Fischerinkin katoaminenkin outo juttu.
Niin ja onhan Peter Baltesilla työn alla soololevy sekä jotain proggista Mick Marsin kanssa. Oli jossain vaiheessa aktiivinen facebookissakin - ei tosin enää.

Ja luulenpa, että Peter Baltes saatetaan nähdä vierailevana tähtenä Dirkschneider-yhtyeen kanssa ensi vuonna, kun esittävät Metal Heartin kokonaisuudessaan.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

heraklos wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:26 amOlihan aikoinaan tämä Jörg Fischerinkin katoaminenkin outo juttu.
Mikä katoaminen? Tekihän se vielä Acceptista 'lähdön' (jos ei soittanut yhdelläkään levyllä..) tätäkin, juuri oikeaan maailmanaikaan 1993 :D

https://youtu.be/S3YKlOY8dpE