GUNS N' ROSES, etc.

Raskaamman musiikin keskustelut
Ice

Re: GUNS N' ROSES, etc.

Post by Ice »

Slash julkaisu uuden levynsä 4 ja vetää koko uuden levyn plus muutaman aikaisemman biisin livenä alla olevalla studio livellä. Viikonloppuna kuuntelin Spotifystä ja ihan ok, levyn päättävä Fall Back to Earth osui eniten, ollen aika lailla Anastacian tyylinen melodinen eepos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFtNNFFc4Qk
Jussi

Re: GUNS N' ROSES, etc.

Post by Jussi »

Oho, ei se mitään että uutta musiikkia julkaisevat virallisesti, johon tähän alkaa jo parin biisin jälkeen tottua; mutta että Gn'R teki kai ensimmäisen musiikkivideon sitten 1993-94? Perhaps. Ihan jepa, vielä sisäistämättä vain parilla kuuntelulla, mutta There Was a Time tulee 15 v. takaa mieleen, mikä on hyvä biisi sekin.

Reilun kk päästä tulee sen 7" singlen b-puolella vuosikaudet odotettu The General, joka on varmasti mielenkiintoisempi tapaus.
Another song dating back to the Chinese Democracy sessions, "The General" has been the subject of much discussion among Guns N' Roses fans for two decades. The band, which at that point featured Axl Rose and a revolving door of musicians, reportedly recruited composer and pianist Marco Beltrami to add orchestral arrangements to the song in 2002.

"I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed," Beltrami told IGN in 2003. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. ... A song called 'Seven,' which is the one ... I actually wrote a guitar part [on]. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'"

Former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach also praised "The General" in a 2007 interview with Metal Edge. "It's by far the heaviest metal tune I think I've ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals," Bach raved. He also told Rolling Stone in 2008 that Rose described "The General" as "the sequel to [Use Your Illusion II's] 'Estranged,' that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy." (James' short story Without You served as the inspiration for the bombastic "November Rain" video.)

"The General" will mark the fourth song released by the semi-reunited Guns N' Roses lineup featuring Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan. The band last issued new music in 2021, with the releases of "Absurd" and "Hard Skool."